In compiling the lists from our Fids and Kamily judges, I was the self-appointed naysayer, eliminating albums that didn't meet our selection criteria -- an album initially released between November 1, 2005 and October 31, 2006 in either physical or downloadable format at an actual store between that time.
In my role as grinchy naysayer I eliminated several albums from consideration, albums that would have received at least one vote from the judges. So if one of the albums below is one of your favorites, you'll know why it didn't make the list...
If You Ever See An Owl - The Terrible Twos (sold only at shows; its formal release in January 2007 on Kid Rhino will make it eligible for next year's awards)
Mommy Says No! - The Asylum Street Spankers (sold only through the band's website -- they are preparing a formal release in February; eligible for next year's awards)
Marvelous Day! - SteveSongs (released before the window)
Giddyup! - Buck Howdy (released before the window)
The Hipwaders - The Hipwaders (released before the window)
Gustafer Yellowgold's Wide Wild World - (not an album)
1 comment:
As someone who had the first two releases on her original list, I say curses to you! No, just kidding-- really I wanted to just say THANK YOU to you and Bill and Amy and everyone else who put time into this great project. Truly,
Post a Comment