Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Readers Speak! (In a manner of, er, speaking)

Are there artists you don't want the judges to overlook as they're compiling their Fids and Kamily votes? Is there an album that absolutely knocked your socks off from the past year?

Well, let us -- and the rest of the world -- know in the comments below.

16 comments:

Suzanne said...

MARY KAYE "Spin Your Web"
MARY KAYE "Spin Your Web"
MARY KAYE "Spin Your Web"
(I REEEEEEALLY like that one ;) )

Imagination Movers "Eight Feet"
Ralph's World "Welcome To Ralph's World"

Suzanne said...

Question: Are you including Ralph's World "Green Gorilla, Monster and Me", since it was released on Disney Sound this year?

iamthinker! said...

The whole family loves Ellen and Matt's "Best Friends"! Standout tracks:

"Juicebox Rock"
"Bounce"
"Go to Bed"
"Fly Away"

Dave said...

Not to sound like a broken cd, but have you considered Ellen and Matts Best Friends? It rocks (pun intended). I actually turn it UP after my kids get out of the car! Now if you'll excuse me I need to go "eat my dinner...yummy yummy yummy"

Eric Herman said...

A vote for Eric Herman is a vote for change... because I'll give you some change out of my pocket if you vote for me.

What's that? You've voted already? Ahhh, nuts. What am I supposed to do with all these brownies I made??? :o)

Rick and Gina said...

Our family loves Mr. Richard. He plays at various spots around town and we enjoy going to watch him. He is very entertaining for kids of all ages. I would definitely recommend his cd "Tummy Talk"....it's a hit!

M. Flexibilis said...

Just like the previous 20 commentors, my 20-month-old daughter loves Mr. Richard's Tummy Talk (and his other album). She asks for many of the songs by name EVERY time we're in the car. We see him perform several times a month and he's great live and in person.

GerryG said...

My 14 month old daughter and I LOVE Mr. Richard's "Tummy Talk". We discoved him about 4 months ago and just can not get enought. :-)

Eric Herman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eric Herman said...

So I'm wondering, has anybody heard of an album called "Tummy... something or other?" ;o)

Best,
EH

briefcandlelife said...

My 2 year old loves Rockosaurus Rex. It's a kids' hard rock band of four dinosaurs - Rex (guitar, vocals), Screech (guitar), Bones (bass), and Sara Tops (drums).  Their debut album release, The Big Bang! , has true rock versions of 21 classic children's songs, complete with wailing guitar solos and driving percussion. The Big Bang!  is the first to interpret kids' music on a grown-up level. From the Queen-inspired "This Old Man" and the instrumental metal "Pop Goes the Weasel," to the anthemic sound of "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" and the radio-friendly pop rock "Six Little Ducks," each song is arranged and performed as a valid rock band composition. There is not a hint of folkiness about the music, which I personally don't like.

You can listen to it and buy it on the website.
www.rockosaurusrex.com

Cathleen said...

Little Miss Ann - can't get enough of Edamame and the catchy joy that is heard with each song!!!

Cathleen said...

Little miss ann ROCKS!
Dance with you Daddy and Sing a Rainbow are simply catchie joyfilled songs that sure make driving in the car a pleasure.

MammaRose said...

My kids love Mr. Richard's Tummy Talk! Lelaina (5) and Tristan (19 months) love singing and dancing along to this fun CD! We like cranking up the tunes while I'm making dinner and lately this has been the #1 pick! My daughter loves Stinkeroo, Bobo Baby Jay and the Loopy Doop. My husband and I crack up whenever we hear Milking It and The Please Don't Tell Me You're Going to Wear That Superhero Costume Again Song. I know if my kids were to choose, Tummy Talk would definitely get the Fids and Kamily Music Award!

MammaRose said...

In response to Eric Herman: Mr. Richard is popular in the Orlando area. You can hear his songs at www.mrrichard.net

jackattack said...

We love Mr. Richard and his album "Tummy Talk". It actually is entertaining for me to listen to as well as my 2 year old son!